GIS - Geographic Information Systems
The world of GIS allows you to view data spatially, allowing you to see trends and connections that would normally be hidden.
ESRI and their ArcGIS line of software is the world leader in professional grade geographic information systems. This software can be run on a local PC, in a server or in a hosted cloud environment. ERSI makes a number of web accessable maps available to help with emergency response.
- Severe Weather Public Information Map
- US Flooding Public Information Map
- Earthquake Public Information Map
- Hurricane and Cyclone Public Information Map
- US Wildfire Activity Public Information Map
- Volcanoes Public Information Map
Below is an example of the Severe Weather Map:
The National Alliance for Public Safety GIS Foundation